New Drugstore Find - Maybelline Brow Drama

11:49 AM Anonymous 0 Comments

If you've read any of my other blog posts, you'd know that I think filling in your eyebrows is essential for any makeup look.

That being said, filling in your eyebrows can be difficult without practice and all the brow pencils and creams can be intimidating. 

However, there's one eyebrow product that is fool-proof and super easy for anyone to use; the eyebrow mascara. If you can apply mascara to your eyelashes, then you can apply it to your eyebrows as well. 

The only trouble is, tinted brow mascaras/gels are expensive! Anastasia Beverly Hills has their tinted brow gel that'll cost you $22. Benefit's Gimme Brow is also $22 and Tarte's brow gel is $21. This just seems completely ridiculous for a product that adds structure to eyebrows. 

However, the only drugstore option there's been is the clear brow mascara, and that definitely doesn't add any color to the brows. It's a wonder it took drugstore makeup companies this long to realize that this product was missing from shelves. 

Maybelline has launched their version of the brow mascara - Maybelline Brow Drama. This product will only cost you $6-7 depending on where you buy it; the cheapest place to purchase this is Target or Walmart. 

Since I've been wanting to try a brow gel, I thought this was the perfect time to pick up an inexpensive drugstore one; I picked up the color deep brown (dark, cool toned brown color). 

After using Brow Drama:                       
I really like how this gel keeps my brow hairs in place and adds just a small amount of color to the brows. 

The only thing I don't love about this product is the size of the brush. Because of its weird, circle-shaped tip, it can be slightly difficult to apply the product. However, I figured out how to brush the hairs after a couple tries. 

I think this is a really good, inexpensive alternative to the $22 brow gels that are out there. This product does what I wanted it to do, which was keep my unruly eyebrow hairs in place. 

It lasted on my brows until I took it off with makeup remover. I didn't have any running or smudging throughout the day. 
Only using Brow Drama to fill in my brows
I'm really enjoying integrating this product into my brow routine. I use this as almost a "top coat" on the eyebrows. First, I fill in my brows with my Mac Fluidline brow gelcreme in deep dark brunette and then I brush over the hairs with the Maybelline Brow Drama.