Anastasia Tamanna Palette Review

1:10 PM Anonymous 0 Comments

The Perfect Palette for Fall


The Anastasia Tamanna Palette ($29) is my newest piece to my makeup collection and I'm so excited to play around with the colors in this palette even more. So far, however, I'm in love with this palette. What drew me to this palette was the array of different colors because they are all perfect for creating fall-inspired looks.
The palette comes with ten eye shadows and a small dual-ended brush. I have to say, the packaging on this palette is just beautiful!

My two favorite colors so far are Sangria and Bengal because I don't own any similar colors and they are so gorgeous on the eyes.

I was impressed by the pigmentation of these eye shadows because the first time I swatched them (in the store) they seemed slightly chalky; but I'm glad to say that they don't go that way on the eyes.

The only color I am disappointed about is the color Blush because it is extremely chalky and patchy when applied. If I do want to use this color, I will definitely have to either wet my brush or use some setting spray to get more pigmentation from the eye shadow. 

Swatches without camera flash - natural lighting
Here's one look I've been wearing with these eye shadow colors a lot - it's perfect for a more natural, daytime look.

  • First I put Bengal all throughout the crease (with a fluffy eye shadow brush) and blend upwards to create a gradient effect with the colors.
  • Then I take a more precise crease brush and add the color Sangria directly into the crease and blend.
  • Make sure you go back over the colors and blend out the eye shadows so that there are no harsh lines. 
  • Then take the color Gilded and place that directly on the lid.
  • Add eyeliner of your choice (I used my It Cosmetics eyeliner in Lucky Jade
  • Add mascara 
  • Take a small, precise brush and add the colors Bengal and Sangria to the lower lid of the eye and blend. 
  • Use the color Fresh to highlight under the eyebrows and in the inner corners of the eye to make your eyes look bright and awake. 
I think that this palette is great, especially for fall, and it's definitely worth investing in. Also keep in mind that the price tag is $29, and for a high-end palette, it's pretty cheap at around $3 an eye shadow.

If you want to take this look from day to night, this is a great video that uses almost all of the same shadows I used (above), but in a more dramatic way. I absolutely love this tutorial! 
Enjoy! :)