Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation Review

3:36 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been M.I.A for a while, but prepping for finals has been consuming my life!
Today I wanted to hop on here and give a quick review of my new favorite drugstore foundation, which is super affordable. I picked mine up for $6 at Target, but I know this foundation varies in price, depending on where you buy it. I believe Walmart sells it for around $5.

I decided to try this foundation because I had watched MakeupByTiffanyD's raving review - Watch her review. I try and find affordable, great products from the drugstore to save myself, and my readers some money. I'm happy to say that this purchase was a total success. So far, I like this foundation much more than my EX1 foundation (which I talked about in a previous blog post).

I have slightly oily skin and some of my foundations tend to get shiny or fade away throughout the day. This foundation really does a great job at controlling my oil and staying in place. I hardly ever have to touch up with powder (maybe once a day).

What really made me love this foundation (besides the super-low price tag) was the fact that it never feels heavy on my face. It's not one of those foundations that takes forever to dry, and it also doesn't make me want to wash my face as soon as I apply it. It hasn't ever caked up or looked unnatural on my face and the finish of it is just beautiful. It's definitely not one of those water-based, dewy foundations and provides a medium coverage, slightly matte finish.

When I first purchased this foundation I got the color 110, but it was was a touch too dark and definitely way too pink in undertone. I returned it and bought their lightest shade, 105 and I'm very pleased with the result. It is pretty yellow/neutral in undertone, which works great for me. I've read that 105 & 115 are more yellow in undertone, whereas 110 is more pink. In L'Oreal True Match I wear W2 in the winter - so if you wear that foundation color, 105 would probably work for you.

I'm not sure how this foundation would work on dry skin, but I don't see it clinging to dry patches. Let me know if any of you with dry skin try this out!

I have been wearing this foundation non-stop for the past two weeks and I really wanted to share my thoughts on it with you guys. As always, I'm 100% honest with you guys and I truly only share what I love.

Thanks for reading!