Fall Nails

7:02 PM Anonymous 2 Comments

The weather is getting colder and the bright, neon colored nails are gone and darker colors are beginning to show up on nails. I love a dark, rich color on my nails!

Before you begin painting your nails, make sure you take the time to do a few nail-care steps first.

Before painting: 
1) Clip and file nails to desired shape (round, square, etc.)
2) Push back cuticles
3) Apply a base coat to the nails - My favorite is the CND Stickey Base Coat ($8.50)
If you're someone like me that has issues with peeling or thin nails, think about investing in a protein coat for your nails. Recently, I purchased the Nailtiques Formula 2 protein treatment and I've noticed a huge difference in my nails. I also love using this protein treatment as a base coat, under my nail polishes.

Let's get into some of my favorite fall nail designs:

Tied in a Bow Nails 

  1. Apply the Essie polish on your ring finger
  2. Apply the OPI polish on the rest of the fingers 
  3. Make sure you add a second coat of polish on each finger 
  4. After the polish dries on the ring finger, apply a bow nail tattoo or sticker. - I used a nail tattoo that I purchased from Francesca's
  5. Apply your favorite top coat to all your nails. My favorite top coat is Seche Vite because it's cheap and it makes your nail polish dry super fast! 

Sparkly Nude Nails 
  1. Apply two coats of OPI polish and let completely dry 
  2. Apply the glitter polish, the Julep Jane, and drag halfway up the nail
  3. Apply gold rhinestone close to the cuticle 
  4. Apply desired topcoat 





Jewel-Toned Nails 
  1. Apply the Essie polish to the ring finger and pinkie finger
  2. Apply the OPI cable carpool polish to the middle finger and thumb
  3. Apply OPI ice bergers to the ring finger. 
  4. Make sure you add a second coat of polish on each finger 
  5. Add a gold rhinestone close to the cuticle of each nail. I like to pick up the rhinestones with the pointy end of a nail file - simply dot the pointy side of the file into some top coat and then pick up a rhinestone and place onto the nail. 
  6. Add your favorite top coat to each nail 


Although these are some of my favorite nail looks to create during the fall season, there are tons of other designs that you can create. Check out Fall nails on Pinterest and get to painting! 

Comment down below on what your favorite fall nail polish colors are!