Mascara Dupe Alert!

11:58 AM Anonymous 0 Comments

Clinique Lash Power vs. L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes 


Let me start off by saying that I am extremely picky about mascaras, mostly because I have a love/hate relationship with them. Here's my problem - every (and I mean every) mascara I had tried for years and years, smudged. It didn't matter if the mascara was waterproof because a couple hours into wearing the mascara, it would leave a thick, black smudge under my eyes.

Then came the day where I decided to do some research about my mascara problem. After hopping on my laptop, opening Google, and typing in "smudge-proof mascaras", I read a few reviews about Clinique's Lash Power mascara. 
I quickly fell in love. Where to buy Clinique Lash Power

The Lash Power mascara was the first mascara I've ever bought that hasn't left a smudge. Seriously, not one smudge, and it came off easily with just soap and water. I then swore my life to Clinique mascara... just kidding, but really, I was really excited about this mascara. 

Fast forward a few months - I got pretty annoyed with the Lash Power $16.50 price tag that I was staring at (and paying) every month or so. Mascara runs out fast, and it's something that I have to repurchase quite often. 

$16.50 + tax wasn't looking so good in my bank account, and I wanted a cheaper alternative that would give me the same results. 

I knew that Clinique's Lash Power was using "tubes", or a tube formula, and I figured that the "tubes" were what my oily eyelids needed. 

Again, more internet surfing was required. There weren't a whole lot of results that popped up under my "tube mascaras" search, but the most popular mascara mentioned was the L'Oreal Double Extend. 

I decided to give the L'Oreal mascara a try, being that the price tag was $8.99 - which was a lot nicer for my wallet. Buy L'Oreal Beauty Tubes

SUCCESS! 

I've worn this mascara for a week now and I'm glad to say that I love it just as much (actually, more) than my previous-used Clinique Lash Power. I actually prefer the L'Oreal mascara because the brush in this mascara is a lot bigger than the Clinique. 

Overall: 
The L'Oreal mascara definitely gives me the long lasting, smudge-proof results that Clinique Lash Power gave me. However, I previously felt like Clinique Lash Power wasn't giving me very thick lashes, due to the small brush. The L'Oreal mascara defines my lashes and even makes them look more separated and volumized. I also really enjoy using the white primer side of the mascara from L'Oreal. 

I think that L'Oreal Beauty Tubes is a definite dupe for Clinique Lash Power. Both mascaras give the same results, and both come off the exact same way (in tubes). If you're someone who has issues with smudging mascara (or oily eyelids) try out a tube mascara  - I believe that the L'Oreal Beauty Tubes will make a huge difference. Yay for saving money!