Drugstore Series #1 - Makeup

8:33 AM Anonymous 0 Comments

My Favorite Makeup Products from the Drug Store 


As a college student, I try and find good, cheap products from the drugstore. However, my makeup collection probably is consisted of more high-end products rather than drugstore products. Still, there are some items from the drugstore that I absolutely love and use on a daily basis.

On to my favorites: 

Eco Tools Kabuki Brush - This has been my go-to foundation brush for years and I absolutely adore it! It makes my foundation go on flawless and I love that it's so travel friendly. ($7.99)

Real Techniques Setting Brush - This brush is so universal! I mostly use it when I set powder under my eyes, but it also works great as a highlighting brush. ($7.99)

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush  - This brush applies foundation nicely, but I find that it takes a long time to apply my foundation since the brush is smaller. However, I really love using this brush to apply cream products to the face, such as cream blush. ($8.99)

E.L.F Studio Complexion Brush - My favorite drugstore brush of all time! This brush is great for bronzer, powder, blush, highlighter, etc. It can be used to put any kind of powder products on the face, and I have two that I use on a daily basis; this is my go-to bronzer and blush brush. ($3)

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - I really love using this foundation because it matches my skin tone so well and it looks really natural on. It's not heavy and provides a medium, but build-able, coverage. I also really love that there are so many different foundation colors and undertones. The only downside to this foundation is the packaging; I really wish this foundation came with a pump. ($9.99)

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - I've heard a lot of people say that this foundation is a dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. However, I don't own the Nars one, so I'm not quite sure if that is true or not. What I do know though is that this concealer works great under the eyes to brighten and cover dark circles. I love this product because it feels hydrating on the skin and provides really good coverage for my dark circles. ($6.99)

L'Oreal True Match Powder - I wear this powder over all of my foundations because it sets the foundation so nicely. This powder never feels "cakey" or heavy and it provides just a small amount of coverage and covers up any of the shininess on my face. ($9.99)

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara - My new holy-grail mascara! Check out my last blog post for an in-depth review of this mascara. ($8.97)

Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls Highlighter - This highlighter looks so natural on the skin and provides the perfect amount of glow! I think that this highlighter is fool-proof because you can never put too much on. ($12.67)

Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer - I received this bronzer in one of my Ipsy bags and I've really enjoyed using this to add some color and depth to my face. It's a great color and it is the perfect balance of brown and orange - but it never looks "scary orange" (if you know what I mean). It's a very subtle color and I like that I can build up the intensity of the color. ($14.99)

Blistex Lip Medex - This chapstick is cheap, convenient, and makes my lips super soft and hydrated! What more can you ask for? I also love that it has a cooling effect and relieves any burning on the lips. Just FYI, this chapstick does have a strong menthol smell. ($1.59)

NYX Butter Gloss - I LOVE this gloss because it really does feel like butter on the lips. It makes my lips look so shiny and plump - these glosses are super popular for a reason! My favorite shades are Eclair, Merengue, and Maple Blondie. Also, these lip glosses are usually buy 1, get one 50% off at Ulta. ($4.99)

e.l.f Lip Exfoliator - Before I got this product I used to always make my own lip scrub with brown sugar and olive oil, but this product is the same thing in a convenient lipstick tube. It makes exfoliating your lips so easy because you simply rub this on your lips as you would a lipstick. ($3)

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick - These color whispers are super small and lightweight - I always have one in my backpack for quick touch ups between classes. I like that they aren't super matte and they look more like a pigmented gloss when applied. My favorite color is "Oh La Lilac" ($7.39)

If you guys have any drugstore products that you love, please leave those in the comments down below and I'll check them out! 

Thanks for reading!