Dorm Room Makeup Organization

12:08 PM Anonymous 2 Comments

"Kenzie, you spend so much money on makeup." It's the phrase that I hear all too often in my life. Everyone has their opinion on the amount of makeup a girl should have but, darn it, I think makeup is an essential, and fun, part of life. Now, that's just my drastic opinion and I'm going to stick with it. Anyways, let's get on for the main reason of this post - organization. Organization gives me extreme joy (I know I'm strange), and I'm pretty proud of my new makeup organization. 

Moving into a small bedroom at college was a drastic change for me, and all of my previous organization needed to be changed for my new home here at Washburn. The most exciting part of all my new organization was definitely organizing my makeup. 

All Makeup Organization : Muji Drawers 



If you’ve ever seen a YouTube video about any girl’s beauty collection, then you’ve had to have seen the “oh-so-famous” Muji Drawers. I’m telling you, these drawers get so much hype for a reason; they’re freaking fantastic!

Here’s a link to the Muji Drawers : I purchased the 5-drawers, but there are other drawer options as well.


My organization was pretty simple after these beautiful drawers arrived. I simply just took them out of the package and sat them on top of my desk. As you can see in the photo, I turned the left corner of my desk into my designated “beauty corner” (hence, the name of my blog). It’s an exciting corner, and I can’t get enough of it.

I was surprised by the amount of products that would fit into the drawers. Whatever I couldn’t fit into the drawers, I simply placed on top such as: my foundations, gel eyeliners, primers, eyelash curler, etc. 


Lipstick Organization : byAlegory Organizer 




This organizer was the first one I've ever purchased, and I'm never looking back. These organizers are small, light, and fit a ton of lip products; perfect for a dorm room or small apartment. 

These organizers are by the brand byAlegory  : There are many different organizers (I purchased the Lipstick organizer), there are also lip gloss organizers and compact organizers as well. They come in different colors but I purchased mine in the pink shade. 

I purchased my lipstick organizer off of Amazon, and I think it was only around $13 with free shipping - awesome deal! I can fit 24 lipsticks/lipglosses in this little organizer, and it sits just right atop my desk, again, in the beloved beauty corner (the best place of life). 

Makeup Brush Organization : Mason Jars 



There are many different ways that you can organize makeup brushes, but, for me, I wanted to put them in simple mason jars. Mason jars can be purchased almost anywhere, but I just picked mine up at Hobby Lobby (about $1 each). 

Mason Jar Link

Next, I just filled my mason jars with clear flower filler beadsFlower Beads Link. Any kind of filler beads would work, but I chose these because they were nice and small. 

That's it! Just add a mirror of your choice and BOOM, your makeup is organized and you can have a wonderful beauty corner just like me. 

WARNING: Time spent getting ready in the "Oh-so-fabulous" beauty corner may increase due to wonderful organization. Don't say I didn't warn you!