Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks

9:08 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Today I want to talk about a holiday set I recently picked up at Sephora - the Laura Mercier caviar stick quartet. 
Unfortunately, this set is currently unavailable online at Sephora, but they still have some sets left in the store, which is where I picked up mine. I believe they also have a gift set of these at Nordstom as well that includes even more colors! Even if you can't get your hands on this particular set, the caviar sticks are sold separately so you could always pick them up individually. 


I was really excited about this set because I had swatched some of these colors in the past, and I remembered how beautiful they are. My favorite color out of the quartet is Moonlight, which is described as a metallic champagne beige. It's so metallic and bright and it's perfect for the inner corner of the eye or on the lid. I'm definitely going to be using this color for some holiday looks. 

If you're someone who doesn't like spending a whole lot of time on their eye makeup in the morning, these sticks are definitely right up your alley. They make doing your eye makeup so fast and easy, it literally only takes a couple of minutes. What I love to do is apply the color Amethyst all over the lid, put Moonlight in the inner corner, and Cocoa in the outer V of the eye and blend the colors out with my finger. This creates such a beautiful, neutral eye look that is perfect for every day wear. 

The best thing about these, for me, is the lasting power. I have slightly oily eyelids and I use an eye primer under all my eyeshadows. But these don't require a primer and I can put them straight on to my eyelid, and they last all day. When you apply them first, you can easily maneuver them with your finger and blend out the color, but then they dry and do not budge! After using these four mini-sticks, I definitely want to pick up the other colors in the line. 

I have also used them under my eye shadows as bases, and they work wonderfully that way as well. 



If you've ever considered trying these caviar sticks out, now is the time do to so since they are sold in holiday sets at a discounted price. I've really enjoyed using them and they make getting ready in the morning super fast and effortless. 

Thanks for reading!